Thursday, February 12, 2015

My First Blog Post

Hello Blog World!  After a few months of reading blogs and trading with a few bloggers, I have decided to join in the fun.  As you can tell from the title, I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan.  I was 6 years old when the Cardinals won the World Series in 1982.  I do not remember much about that season.  It was in 1985 that I really became a fan.  I loved the style of Whitey Ball the Cardinals played that year and quickly became a fan of Vince Coleman.  I opened my first pack of baseball cards in 1986 and pulled a Topps Coleman Record Breaker card.  I loved collecting all things Cardinals and especially Coleman until he signed with the Mets in 1990.  If you followed baseball in the late 1980s you know how heated a rivalry the Cardinals and Mets had.  I was crushed that Coleman would choose to sign with them.  I stopped collecting his cards, but still collected Cardinals.  In August of 1990, Ray Lankford was called up.  Having the same first name as me, I followed Lankford closely.  He became my new favorite player and the center piece of my collection.  I have over 90% of his cards ever made including 1/1s.  Here is my first Lankford card.  I bought it for 50 cents back in 1991 from a kid on my school bus:




I look foward to talking to other bloggers and maybe making some trades.




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere Ray! Looking forward to some more Cardinal-centric posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robert,

      Thanks for the welcome. I had a snow day from work so I went through your Blue Jays wantlist. Will be sending you an email.

      Ray

      Delete
  2. Welcome! Love team blogs, even of those pesky Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome. I will check out your Giants blog. Maybe we can work out a trade

    ReplyDelete