Tuesday, February 9, 2016

5 from the Wanlist

Yesterday's mail brought another trade package from a deal I made on the Bench.  I traded one of the 2014 Bowman Draft autos for 5 hits to my team sets.  I do not mind trading autos or game used for commons.  If someone is willing to go through my 20 plus pages of Cardinals wants to make a trade, I will more than gladly send an $8 auto their way.

I am not sure why Fleer decided to put out the Fall Classics set in 2002.  Yes the set highlights former players who played in the World Series, but it seems too similar to the Greats of the Game set to me.  Regardless, I will always trade for a nice Musial card.  I like the black and white photo on this one.

My scanner does not like Leaf Certified cards from any year.  These 2 are from the 2005 set.  I have seen both photos on numerous Leaf/Donruss cards.  I guess Topps was not the first to recycle photos.
2010 Topps 206 was a pretty boring set.  White borders with posed photography equals little eye appeal for me.  The backgrounds are pretty bland also.  Topps could have at least put the team logo or maybe a city icon like the Arch in the background.  I am pretty sure that is not Busch Stadium that Bryan Anderson is sitting in. 
Yadier Molina makes his second consecutive appearance in a trade package.  I do like the close up Topps used for this 2010 National Chicle card.  I am not sure if there is any significance of the background color scheme, but I love the shot of Yadi wearing his tools of the trade.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the Fall Classics. At first, I thought it was a Greats card. Love the Chicle Yadi. That's a fairly common photo of Stan on the Leaf card. I've seen it used across brands. Nice pick-ups.

    ReplyDelete