Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Getting That Baseball Feeling

Before I left on a very short and ill timed vacation 2 weeks ago, I tried to wrap up all my pending trades.  I have only completed 1 trade since returning home.  It is not due to the lack of spare time.  That I have plenty of right now.  Some of it may be due to the concern over if the virus can spread through mail, but I would say more has to do with a lack of baseball enthusiasm right now.  Not getting to see any spring training and the delay to the start of the MLB season put baseball in the back of my mind. 

I think I am over that feeling now.  My son and I have been practicing every other night even though his baseball season is in doubt. I have an indoor batting cage in my shed that we can throw and hit some bp.  I also do the same with my daughter for softball.  It is just fun spending time with each one and trying to teach them something.  No pressure to perform, just go out and get some exercise.

My one trade that I did complete since vacation arrived yesterday.  It brought a reminder of what we have been missing.

TCDB member nymarine914 sent me the Cardinals team set from 2020 Opening Day.  The Cardinals were scheduled to open the season Thursday in Cincinnati.  That is not going to happen, but I can still listen to Cardinals games.  Starting last night and lasting into May, my local radio station is replaying games from the 2011 season.  It should be fun to relive the last World Series title while we practice or I am going through cards.

The pwe also contained this 2018 Topps Gallery Artist Proof.  I am not a fan of the set, but the artist did a decent job with this one.  I could tell this was Bader without seeing the name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment