Monday, August 23, 2021

2021 Panini Prizm Box Break

After getting lucky with my last box break , I did not wait long to get into another.  This time a member from The Bench was opening a box of 2021 Panini Prizm.  For $22 you picked your first team, then a chose another team from those not claimed in the first 15 picks.  

My second team was the Brewers.  I wanted the Astros with my second pick, but they were taken 1 spot in front of me.  At least I have a friend on TCDB who needs these.


I received 3 Cardinals base cards.  Both of the Woodfords came from the same pack.  Shows that Topps is not the only company with quality control issues.  



I ended up with 2 parallels and 1 insert.  The Carlson is a silver Prizm.  The colored Prizm cards look great in hand.  Hope to find more of these in card show bargain boxes soon.


I was lucky enough to hit another auto, though not quite as good as the Carlson Gypsy Queen.  This Oviedo is numbered to 25.  It would look a lot better if the auto was on card, but all of his Topps autographs are also stickers.  Who would have thought a Triple A pitcher did not have time to sign cards instead of stickers.    



  

2 comments:

  1. It's too bad about the base cards, but that's not a bad haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all considering it was 1 box. It is just weird to pull 2 of the same card in a single pack.

      Delete