Friday, August 5, 2022

Phillies for Cardinals

With yesterday's doubleheader sweep of the Cubs, the Cardinals have moved into a tie for first place in the NL Central with the Brewers.  Recent trade acquisition Jose Quintana pitched great in the night cap allowing only 1 run on 1 hit in 6 innings.  I hope that trade works out well.  The Brewers trade of closer Josh Hader has not worked out so well for them.  They got swept by the Pirates with the last 2 being walk offs.  

The Cardinals also move into a tie with the Phillies for the last wild card spot.  The Phils were also busy at the trade deadline adding pitchers to their rotation.   Should be a close race until the end.  Speaking of the Phillies, I recently worked out a trade with TCDB member engine614.  I sent him 3 Phillies in exchange for 5 Cardinals. 


I finished my 2011 Bowman Draft Chrome set with these 2 cards.  Always nice to cross another set off the wantlist.


Although the ivy on this 2000 Pacific Invincible base card has a Wrigley Field feel to it, I still like the design.  The blue background really makes McGwire and the wall stand out.  Nice touch adding the logo in the bottom right corner.


I have mentioned quite a few times how much I like the Opening Day blue parallels.  They are not serial numbered like a Topps gold card, but I think they stand out better.  This Flaherty is from the 2020 set.  


I gained quite a few vintage Cardinals from the 1960s during my Cincinnati trip.  This 1964 Topps card may outrank them all.  This card is in great condition and also features a great Hall of Famer in Hank Aaron.  I was not expecting such a near perfect card.    



   

No comments:

Post a Comment