Monday, September 21, 2026

Saturday at the Cardinals Museum

I have been a member of the Cardinals Museum since 2019.  Besides being able to visit anytime I want, there are other benefits.  Every year there are 2 exclusive bobbleheads that are very well made.  Members also receive a discount at the Cardinals Authentics store and a restaurant in Ballpark Village.  The Museum also holds autograph signings with former players on select Saturdays, along with a question and answer session about an artifact from the player's career the Friday evening before.  I have blogged about some of them in the past.    

Living over two hours away I do not attend as many Museum events as I would like. This year in fact I did not make it to any except for this past Saturday.  The last Museum event is always member appreciation day.  I have attended this day once since I have been a member.  It always seemed like one of my children had a high school band competition the day it was held since then.  Now that both of them have graduated, I should hopefully not miss this day again.  

Saturday's event starting at 1:00 with a short recap of the year followed by some trivia.  Light snacks were served during the presentation.  At the end 20 random numbers were drawn for door prizes to be given out after the autograph signing.  I was lucky enough to have my number chosen.  My wife was close, but with over 120 people in attendance I was not expecting either one of us to win.  


Brian Jordan was the autograph guest.  I have met him twice before, but am always happy to get a free autograph or two.  Museum member and their guests each received two autograph tickets.  My wife handled these two cards while I got something else signed.


I forgot I had a copy of this old scorecard.  I should be able to get Lankford and Gaetti to sign it without much trouble.  Ron Gant may be a challenge.


Before leaving the Museum , we each received a Whitey Herzog bobblehead.  I already have one, so these will either be sold or traded.  

Our last stop was claiming my door prize.  The prizes were various autographed items from former players who signed at the Museum this season.  I did not get to pick, the item was given out according to your number.


How ironic is it that a Ray Lankford super fan received a ball autographed by the player he was traded for.  Even though Woody Williams had 3 good seasons with the Cardinals including being an All Star in 2003, I had a hard time rooting for him for obvious reasons.  The Padres could have traded Tony Gwynn to the Cardinals in 2001 and I still would have been mad.  This ball will be a neat conversation piece in my Lankford display case.

Overall it was a great experience at the Museum.  We found some $10 tickets for the game that night.  The stadium giveaway was a nice hooded sweatshirt.  The game itself was not so great.  Besides being the hottest temperature at first pitch all year, the Cardinals lost in 11 innings in a game that lasted almost four hours.  They had a chance to win the game in the bottom of the 9th.  Bases loaded with the winning run on third and one out.  Jordan Walker struck out and Leo Bernal grounded out.  The teams traded runs in the 10th, but the Nationals scored four in the top of the 11th.  We left before the Cardinals came to bat.  They put up a come back but fell short again.  Down 8-5 with the bases loaded and one out, Walker struck out again and Bernal popped out.    



No comments:

Post a Comment