Monday, July 27, 2015

Vacation Time with some Baseball Thrown in

My family and I left for our summer vacation last Thursday. I have 2 brothers who live in Colorado that we try to visit every year or two.  Of course I planned some baseball games into the trip.  On our way out to Colorado, we stopped in Springfield, MO on Thursday and Friday night to watch the Cardinals Double A team play.  I will have a more complete write up on those games when I return home, but here is a little preview of someone we saw.

Alex Reyes was called up to Springfield on Wednesday.  We did not see him pitch, but we were lucky to run into him both nights we were there.  More on that later.

 Yesterday we went to Coors Field to watch the Rockies play the Reds.  It was a fun game to watch as the Rockies hit 5 home runs and scored 17 runs.  We also received 2 Nolen Arenado bobbleheads.  My son and I just missed on getting ours by about 10 people.  The first 10,000 people received one.  It was a nice day for a game.  Our seats were on the right field line in the second level.  We were in the shade the entire game.  Of course I forgot the camera, so no pictures, but it was a great game.

1 comment:

  1. I love CO-perhaps where we retire. In 2012 we went to a Rockies game-against the Reds too. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete