Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Unexpected Box with a Dilemma

For the second week in a row, I received an unexpected trade package.  This one came from another member of Trading Bases.  I would guess there were close to 150 cards in the box.  I will jump right in to the highlights of what I needed.


I still need a ton of Cardinals from the 1992 Conlon set.  I think there are over 30 Cardinals in this set.  Not big house hold names even for a Cardinals fan, but it is fun to read the back of the cards for a small bio of the players.  O'farrell was the catcher on the 1926 World Series team.  He threw out Babe Ruth trying to steal 2nd base to end the Series.

These 2 1993 Select cards finished my team set.  Tewksbury was a favorite of mine during the early 1990s.  He was one of a few Cardinals pitchers who had a winning record during those lean years.


I had a few 1993 Team Stadium Club cards, but these were all new to me.  Once again not many household names, but it is fun to remember back when the Cardinals had a Canseco on the team. 

Pacific put out a ton of sets in the late 1990s.  After received these 2 cards, I just need #194 Mark McGwire to finish the 1999 Paramount set. 

So out of roughly 150 cards, I needed 16.  Don't get me wrong, I love getting unexpected Cardinals.  I can usually find another team collector to pass them on to, but the bulk of the cards in this box were from 1990-1993.  It is getting kind of hard to find anyone who need 1991 Fleer.  So how do I go about telling others to please not send me your junk wax era Cardinals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment