Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Reliving 2006

2016 was not kind to the Cardinals.  Bad defense, lots of strikeouts, and inconsistent pitching led to a long and frustrating season.  The team always remained to stay close to the wild card, but ended up 1 game shy of the playoffs.  They ended the season at their high water mark of 10 games over .500 .

2016 did mark the 10th anniversary of the 2006 World Series team.  The Cardinals had quite a few promotional giveaways to celebrate their 10th championship that year.  One such was this past Saturday when it was David Eckstein bobblehead day.

I was not able to attend the game, but had a cousin who was nice enough to snag me one.  The pose is from the end of Game 5 after the Cardinals won.  Eckstein won the Series MVP, although I would argue Scott Rolen was just as worthy. 

A closer look at the head shows it is a little off center, but for free I will not argue.  I will have to do some reorganizing to find a spot on my shelf for Eckstein, or put up another shelf.  I still have my dual Wainwright/Molina bobblehead sitting in the box that I got earlier this summer.  I guess this is a good problem to have.


1 comment:

  1. When I am down, or are having a bad day at work I glance at my mad Hungarian Bobble, and I smile. 2006 can serve as an inspiration for next year.

    ReplyDelete