Sunday, December 31, 2017

20 is a Nice Round Number

We all have certain trade partners that we have a so called endless trade going on with.  You send them something unexpected, then out of the blue you receive something in return.  One of my favorite such traders is Mark Z.  He is a member of Trading Bases and TCDB, and is also one of only 2 online traders that I have met in person.  He is also a fellow Cardinals fan, so trading with him is very easy.  Before the Christmas break, I received my 20th package from him.

The 2007 Springfield Cardinals were the first Cardinals minor league team that I followed closely.  Colby Rasmus and Bryan Anderson were the 2 big names on the team.  Anderson had a cup of coffee with the Cardinals and has bounced around to four or five other teams.  He seems to be a 4A player that will never be able to stick as a backup catcher.  I seem to be getting 2005 Zenith cards in trade lately.  The Edmonds Museum card is very sharp, but you can say that for just about any card with Dufex technology.

The 2017 Update Storied insert set is one of my favorites from this year.  I love the painted look of the cards.  I wonder if Piscotty will have any 2018 Cardinals cards, or if the photoshop experts at Topps have already drawn on his As uniform.

It is fun to receive cards that you have no idea what set they are from.  I took me a little while to figure out these two are from the 1971 Fleer Laughlin set.  During my Christmas break I am reading a book about the 1942 Cardinals team that won the World Series.  Kurowski was the third baseman on that team.

No comments:

Post a Comment