Thursday, May 17, 2018

Bowman Lot

Along with the 2 PWE trades from yesterday's post, I was also able to make a larger trade with The Bench member Dunndeal that brought a very nice lot of 2018 Bowman Cardinals.

After receiving these four, I only need one more base prospect of Junior Fernandez to complete the team set.

I am down to Tyler O'Neill and Jordan Hicks to complete my chrome set.  I somewhat understand the hype with Hicks since he can throw 100+mph, but the guy is a middle reliever so far.  His autographed cards are going for $10 or more right now.  I will wait for them to come down or maybe get lucky and find someone with a copy to trade.

I love these Pipeline inserts.  All 3 of these guys have made it to St. Louis this year, although Gomber did not pitch in a game.  O'Neill went 0 for 9 during his short stint, but his shown a lot of power in Triple A.  Not sure if there is any room for him since Harrison Bader is playing well, but it is hard to ignore the power.

 
I like the players, but do not like the design for the Birthdays insert.  Too busy for me, and why did Topps choose 1993.  I get that 25 is a nice number, but why not go with 20 or 21?

My favorite 2018 Bowman insert is the Top 100.  I hope Kelly can hit a little with some extended playing time while Molina is out.  Reyes should be back sometime in June.  He has looked great so far in his two rehab starts in A ball.  I am guessing he will be used as a reliever for a while.  Maybe if the Cardinals are in playoff contention come September he will get some starts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment