Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Trade Package During the All Star Game

It was an exciting All Star game last night, although I did not watch it all.  I had it on through the 7th inning.  After Trevor Story hit the tying home run, I turned my attention to a trade envelope I received from TCDB member pjdionne12.  Not that the cards were not great, but I should have kept watching.  Here are the cards that held my attention.


If it was not for Gibson's awesome sideburns, this would be a pretty boring card.  Goodwin Champs is not one of the Upper Deck brands that I miss. 

I always like the Mirror Image inserts, although I find Carpenter and Devers to be a weird combination.  Carp has not been a full time third baseman for a few seasons now.  Even when he was, he was not very good defensively.  Ozuna has a long way to go before he becomes a legend in a Cardinals uniform.  It would be great to see him catch fire for a month or so in the second half and carry the team.

Perez is finally starting to have some success after being the Cardinals #1 draft pick in 2016.  He is hitting close to .280 in short season State College.  He should jump to low A Peoria by the start of next year.  Nolan Gorman was the Cardinals first pick in this year's draft, becoming the first player born in 2000 to be drafted.  He is off to a great start in Johnson City hitting .302 with 7 home runs in 23 games.  He will be one of the Cardinals top 5 prospects by the end of the year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment