Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Classic Oz

My latest PWE trade envelope arrived yesterday from TCDB member twinscollector34.  As you can guess, I traded a handful of Twins for a handful of Cardinals.


Great start to this package with 3 oddball Ozzies.  Funny how the 1992 US Playing Card has logos, but the 1988 Nestle does not.  I guess Nestle was too cheap to pay for the license.  The 1990 Topps Big card completed my team set.  Ozzie does not look like his usual self without the beard.

I never opened any packs of Classic cards as a kid.  I cannot say I ever recall seeing packs though.  These 3 are from the 1993 Classic Game set.  These were part of a trivia board game.

The Score Gold Rush cards do not scan as well as the Topps counterpart.  Photography has came a long way since 1994.  If that was a 2019 card, you could most likely see the stitches on the ball rather than the white blob.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment