Friday, June 21, 2019

Kerry Sends Some Cards

Last night my son's Little League season cam to an end.  His team lost in the semi finals of the post season tournament 9-8.  Tough way to end , but he did his part going 2-2 with 3 rbis.  We were both a little down after the game, but I found a nice pick me up when I got home.  Some return fire from Kerry B was waiting on my desk.  

Kerry posted a few weeks ago about having some extra 2019 Pro Debut Cardinals from a case break.  These 4 are a nice start to my team set.  This is my second Gorman from the set.  I had hoped to get the first one signed last weekend, but chose a different card instead.  I doubt I will get it signed anytime soon as Gorman was promoted to High A Palm Beach yesterday.

More minor league goodness.  This time from 1992 Upper Deck Minors.  Hands down favorite in this group is Skeets Thomas.  Too bad a guy with a great name like that never cracked the Majors.

Who doesn't love Sportsflics and Denny's Holograms.  The 1991 Guerrero scanned better than what I thought it would, the Pendleton not so much.

Kerry finished my 2019 Bowman set with the last Chrome and BP cards I needed.  Always nice to put a set to bed.

I miss the base Wal-Mart blue parallels from Topps flagship.  They had a pretty short run from 2012-2014.  I would rather receive the parallels from a blaster box than a manufactured relic.

A couple of shiny inserts plus a Delvin Perez 2017 Chrome card.  Even though he was an All Star, I am guessing he will remain in Peoria all year barring an injury.  He has a great glove, but makes very weak contact.
 
I have mentioned quite a few times my love of the Big League gold cards.  The 2019 Topps 1984 insert is pretty sharp too.    

1 comment: