Thursday, February 25, 2021

Pair of 5s

 After bragging about the post office getting things closer to normal, things are going back in the wrong direction.  My informed delivery never matches what is actually delivered.  On Monday I was supposed to receive 6 pieces of mail.  I received 1 and some sales flyers.  Tuesday I was due 4 pieces and got none.  The carrier is coming because the outgoing mail is being picked up.  Weather is not an issue right now as temps have been in the upper 40s all week.  I guess I should be thankful when anything is delivered, like yesterday when I received 2 pwes with 5 cards each.  

First up is a trade from TCDB member astrosammy.  

It is rare to see a Tino Martinez card on this blog.  He was not a fan favorite during his 2 years in St. Louis.  He really did not perform that bad, but it was nowhere close to his Yankee stats.  Topps gave him 3 different variations in the 2002 206 set.  Quite a few veterans were giving this treatment.  I am not sure if any is more rare than the others, but is is nice to cross 2 of my want list.

2021 Topps Gold cards are harder to find this year thanks to the supposed increased production.  They still look more bronze to me than gold.  I still need 1 more 2020 Holiday base card for my team set now that Ravelo is crossed off.  I am not having as much luck tracking down the Metallic parallels.  I need 2 more cards to finish the 2001 Topps Chrome Update team set.  Take a guess what high priced rookie cards those 2 are.

The next trade came from The Bench member scc76.

I have very few Heritage chrome or refractor cards in my collection.  It is nice to add one of Cardinal great like Wainwright.  This one is a 2014 Chrome numbered to 999.  The White Border Carpenter is from the 2015 Gypsy Queen set.  He is a man without a position this year thanks to the Arenado trade and no DH in the National League.  Barring injury he still should get a couple starts a week filling in at first, second, and third.

My son's march to 400 different Altuve cards got a nice bump with these 3 cards.  The 2020 Diamond Kings is a short print.  MLB Network picked Altuve as a strong candidate for Comeback Player of the Year.  Maybe he can put his injuries and trash can scandal in the past.



 

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment