Friday, September 24, 2021

A Riley Good Trade

Most of the cards I have traded recently have been from 2021 Topps Chrome.  You would think that was the only brand of cards I had to trade.  It is very easy to trade the latest product, but I also have plenty of other trade fodder.  Not long ago The Bench member Rabs initiated a trade with me for some Austin Riley cards.  Last year I bought an EBAY lot that contained about 50 of his cards.  I sent 19 of them away in exchange for some Cardinals and Altuve cards.

My son got some really nice cards.  A rainbow foil and Topps gold were about the most boring of the bunch that included a 2017 Heritage short print and 2 cards numbered to 150.  The 2018 Topps High Tek blue was his favorite.

My favorites included these 3 numbered Musial cards.  The 2014 Archives Gold is numbered to 199, the 2014 Stadium Club Field Access to 99, and the 2019 Topps 150th Anniversary to 150.  I love the picture on the Stadium Club insert.


I have a handful of photo variations in my collection, but not enough.  I usually do not add these to my want list, but I think I will start to.  Goldschmidt lead the Cardinals comeback yesterday by hitting 2 home runs against the Brewers.  12 wins in a row now is hard to believe.  


This trade was not without color as I added a 2017 Gypsy Queen green and a 2014 Prizm red, white and blue parallel.  As much as I love Ozzie, the Carpenter card is my choice of these two.  


After Diaz made the All Star team in 2016 in his first year, there was a lot of talk of him being the Cardinals starting shortstop for a long time.  He last only 2 years.  He as found a nice role as a part time player with the Astros.  His 2017 Tribute card is very nice.  The 2017 Update Rainbow Foil highlights his All Star appearance.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment