Tuesday, September 21, 2021

I have been Pinked

I almost forget to open my mail that came Saturday while my son and I was in St. Louis.  My wife laid it in my office that day, but put some junk mail over the card packages.  Good thing The Bench member dlackey used a bubble mailer to ship my cards from our trade.  A pwe may have ended up in the trash with the rest of the mail.  I received a colorful Cardinals lot in return for some of the Topps Chrome refractors from the blaster break.  


Who does not like a nice pink refractor.  These are from the 2015 Topps Chrome set.  Speaking of pink, it is almost October.  I sure hope Bryan continues his Saving Second Base posts.  It always brightens my day to see the lovely ladies he features.


I also scored a pink refractor from 2020 Chrome.  I really hope DeJong comes back strong next year.  He is a likeable guy who does a lot in the St. Louis community.  He also has a great autograph.


Moving away from pink into some blue and gold.  The Freese is from 2013, the Tavarez 2006.  Though not as sharp as Chrome, flagship parallels are always nice to add to the collection.  One of these days I will finish a Topps Gold team set.


My 2021 Topps Chrome set is down to needing just 1 card after receiving this Carlson.  Topps has been busy cranking out the Carlson cards this year.  I won't complain though.  Inserts like the 2021 Bowman ROY Favorites are plentiful on the trade market.    


No comments:

Post a Comment