Monday, October 18, 2021

More Purging of the Surplus

I have had good luck lately trading away my Cardinals duplicates.  In the past Kerry was about the only person who provided a good home for my extras, but I have found 2 other TCDB members who can use quite a few of them.  Last week I worked out a trade with member StLMike where I sent 25 Cardinals his way in return for 8 coming my direction.


Before this trade, I only had 1 1990 Topps TV card.  Now I have 5.  I had no idea there were 66 Cardinals in this set.  I love see cards of coaches like Roarke and Riggleman.  You also find cards of minor leaguers like Carmona that were decent prospects, but never made it to St. Louis.  Fun set that will take a long time to finish.


It has been awhile since I have traded for a nice oddball like this 1987 Nestle All Time Dream Team.  I wonder why the logo was left off.  The back of the card shows it was produced by Topps.  


Here is a pair of numbered cards from 2003.  The SP Authentic Pujols is #ed to 1993, while the Donruss Classics Brock is #ed to 1500.  Both are short prints from the base set.  


I really need to get to work on my 2021 Topps Pro Debut team set.  This is my first of 6 Cardinals in the set.  Walker is a great way to begin things.  



No comments:

Post a Comment