Wednesday, January 26, 2022

OPC Trade

One of my most favorite recent trades was with TCDB member ericcapemay.  I received 9 Cardinals from him, all but one of them from various O-PEE-CHEE sets.  The cards have been on my wantlist for a long time.  It was great to cross them off the wantlist and finish some team sets along the way.


My 1983 OPC set is now complete.  All the cards I received in this trade are of Hall of Famers.  Nothing really high dollar to speak off, but they were more difficult to find than the regular commons.  Besides being noted on the front, these are easy to spot because of the brighter card backs and French text.  


My 1989 team set is also complete thanks to adding this Ozzie Smith.  The 1989 set was very similar to previous OPC versions, but without the brighter back.  


In 1990, Topps removed the OPC designation on the front.  The backs are about the same color as the base set, but at least the French text is still there.  I still need to track down 1 more card to finish this one.  The 1990 Fleer card is the Canadian version.  If you look very closely at the bottom, you will see in was printed in Canada.  This set is also complete.


The 1991 set also had no notation on the front, but the brighter backs returned along with the French text.  This team set is also complete.  Most of my 1980-present OPC needs were crossed off thanks to this trade.  Now to start working on the 1970s set.


  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment