Wednesday, February 9, 2022

4 for $5

If you have participated in very many box breaks, you know by now that you win some and you lose some.  I would venture to say most people lose the majority of the time.  Unless you get the big rookie auto or hit a rare insert, you will most likely feel like you did not get your money's worth.  

Last year I took part in quite a few breaks.  Most of the time I set my limit in the $20-$25 range.  Anything over that yields too many duplicates for my taste, or is too high end that you may only get 1 or 2 cards.  It had been quite a while since I was involved in a break, so 2 weeks ago when a cheap break was offered on The Bench I joined.  I paid $5 for the Cardinals spot in a 2 box break of 2021 Topps Chrome Update.  With only 40 cards per box, I was not expecting too much.  There are 3 Cardinals in the base set to go along with a handful of inserts and a handful of different colored refractors.  I ended up with 4 cards.


All 4 are base cards.  2 of the Williams cards were in 1 pack.  Overall the coalition in the 2 boxes was horrible.  Each pack contained 1 purple parallel.  Of the 40 purple cards, I remember 3 Kolten Wongs and 3 Willy Adames cards.  There was also a ton of other base duplicates.  Glad this break did not get too far into my collecting budget.  
        

No comments:

Post a Comment