Tuesday, August 22, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #51

I finally was able to purchase a new printer/scanner over the weekend.  Nothing fancy, just a basic Canon printer.  It was the only Canon model at my local Walmart, so that is what ended up in my shopping cart.  It was an easy choice as it was cheap and uses the same software as my old one.  At my age I hate taking the time to learn new programs.  Let's see how the scanner worked.  First trade is from member rencherg.


Been a while since I featured a new JD Drew card for the collection.  I remember all the hype he had at the end of the 1998 season.  He was always a good player, just never the great one so many people thought he would be.  I love the design of this 1999 Crown Royale Pivotal Players insert.


Nothing like a little metallic snow on a day where it feels like 110 degrees outside.  Waino is going for win 199 again tonight against the Pirates.  DeJong joins his 3rd team of the season after signing with the Giants today.  Best of luck to them both.


There has been a lot written about how much the Cardinals miss Molina this year.  I agree there is a huge void, but I do not think he would make up 13.5 games in the standings.  I still enjoy adding new cards to the collection like this sharp 2021 A&G Chrome base card.

Second trade package came from member shredtacular.


A little bit of metallic snow in this package as well.  Flaherty looked great in his first Orioles start, not so great in the next.  If I was a betting man, I am guessing he signs with a California team over the winter.


Happy to cross 2 more base cards of my wantlist.  Even better when both finish team sets.


Only 3 more cards needed to finish the 2017 Topps Gold 24 card team set.  This could finally be the first Gold set I complete.  


  


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment