Friday, July 5, 2024

Finishing Up Series 2

The mail service had some good timing on Wednesday.  Following my post about 2024 Topps Series 1 earlier in the day, a trade envelope arrived from TCDB member SMSiegell with the last 3 cards I need to finish my team set.  


I like the baby blue uniforms, but I hope Topps uses them on only some cards. It will be interesting to see how many cards feature the new City Connect jerseys.


I also received a Sonny Gray insert.  Gray has been everything the Cardinals had hoped for when they signed him to a 3-year contract last fall.  I hope he can remain healthy, as the Cardinals do not have another top 2 or 3 starter.


Here are a couple of shortstop inserts from 2024 Topps Big League.  I am not a fan of the checkboard border on the Winn card, but the Ozzie is nicely done.


The second Winn insert is much nicer.  If Paul Skenes remains healthy, he will most likely will Rookie of the Year.  Winn should be in the top 3 if he can continue to hit close to .300 and play great defense.    




  




No comments:

Post a Comment