Thursday, October 24, 2024

A Fine PWE Trade

Before I took a break earlier this month from trading, I was getting frustrated with a recent run of pwe trades.  Lately, traders have been getting lazy and/or cheap with their packaging.  I do 90% of my trades with pwe, so I have seen a variety of methods.  As long as the cards arrive safely, I do not care.  One trader was so lazy he stuck 5 cards into a small thank you card.  No protection, not even a penny sleeve.  4 of them had badly bent corners, including a nice refractor numbered to 499.  When I messaged him, he was shocked that the cards did not arrive okay.  Needless to say, I left him negative feedback.

The handful of trades I have received since then has been great, including one from TCDB member alchapman.  He sent 5 Cardinals in sleeves taped to a thin piece of cardboard.  The perfect way to ship that is still not expensive.      


A fine trade should include some Finest cards.  I am not crazy about the 2022 design.  The random lines going every which direction do not have much eye appeal.


I hope the Cardinals give Jordan Walker a long look next year.  Start him every day and see what happens.  


Panini did well with this 2024 Red and Blue parallel.  No need to airbrush Ozzie's uniform on helmet.


The last card was a mini of former Cardinals great Juan Yepez.  My guess is that the Nationals will trade him to a contending team next year, and he will become a playoff star.  Lane Thomas and Tommy Edman are the latest former Cardinals to have playoff success.      




No comments:

Post a Comment