Tuesday, July 7, 2026

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #146

I finally received a second trade package yesterday so I can make a 2 for Tuesday post.  I will start with the most recent trade that arrived yesterday from member MCMH CARDS.


My Series 2 team set is now complete.  Nice to get the last three cards in one trade.  I also received a couple other base cards that are headed to my sister who is a Dodgers fan.

The second trade package that has been sitting on my desk since June 20 came from member guags.


For a two year span, my son received the SI for Kids magazine.  Not a single Cardinal was included in any of those issues.  This Scott Rolen card is from 2007.


Both Saggese and Liberatore have underachieved this year.  I thought Saggese would be the primary utility/backup infielder, but he was sent down to Triple A a few weeks ago.  Liberatore has pitched OK, but the lack of options has kept him in the Majors.  Regardless I will still add nice parallels to my collection.
  


2 comments:

  1. That Rolen SI for Kids card is awesome! Nice action shot. With only 9 cards per issue and SI trying to balance out all of the different sports, while covering both male and female athletes... team collectors might be forced to wait a few years before seeing one of the players make it into an issue. As an A's fan, I was happy to see Nick Kurtz receive a card this year. Before him the last A's player to receive a SI for Kids card was Marcus Semien in 2020. 2020 was also the last time the St. Louis Cardinals had a player (Paul DeJong) receive a card. I just looked it up on TCDB and Matt Carpenter was the player before him (in 2015).

    Your team had a nice run of SI for Kids though from 2009 to 2015. Eight years in a row with at least one guy on the checklist:
    2009 #374 Pujols
    2009 #423 Wainwright
    2010 #443 Carpenter
    2011 #54 Berkman
    2012 #102 Freese
    2013 #223 Molina
    2014 #370 Wainwright
    2015 #435 Carpenter

    And just in case you didn't know, here are the first 5 SI for Kids cards featuring St. Louis Cardinals:
    1989 #43 Ozzie Smith
    1991 #294 Lee Smith
    1994 #292 Gregg Jefferies
    1994 #320 Stan Musial
    1997 #588 Brian Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lists. I have a few of them from the 2000s, none from the 1990s. Imagine those are tough to find.

      Delete