Tuesday, September 22, 2026

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #154

It has been almost a month in between my Tuesday posts.  Some of that is my lack of trading, but some is also the continuing decline of the post office.  I have a couple of trades that I have been waiting over three weeks for the cards to arrive.  So far this year I have not had any trades go missing, but sooner or later it will happen.  Today's first trade from member ILLRIMESAYA only took four days to arrive.


Did Topps need to produce a set with an All Star Game background?  No, but they knew collectors like me would buy/trade for them.


Even Allen & Ginter is getting away from the traditional base cards and minis.  Now we get silver portrait and chrome parallels.  


Neither of these JD Drew cards scanned the greatest, but they are very cool.  The 2000 Ultra Crunch Time insert has a fuzzy feel to it.  Older inserts like this of Griffey Jr., Ripken, Gwynn, etc. are becoming very popular.  The 2002 Donruss Production Line insert is numbered to 1027, but only has a print run of 927.  Not sure what is behind that logic.

The second trade came from member Mrwhite1978.  


2026 Topps Holiday went on presale yesterday.  Hard to believe that time of year is getting closer.  My 2025 base set is complete, but I need a lot of the parallels.


These are my first 2026 Topps Chrome cards besides a Wetherholt base card I won on EBAY.


Speaking of Wetherholt, here is a nice refractor.  His chance of winning Rookie of the Year are very slim following his injury.  Sal Stewart should have it wrapped up.


And finally one more 2026 Chrome card.  The Perspectives inserts are very sharp.  Hard to go wrong with a Pujols card.  









No comments:

Post a Comment