Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cards from all the way to the backstop

It seems like forever since I have been able to complete a trade with a fellow blogger.  It seems we all get busier as the weather gets warmer.  Over the weekend I received a nice package from Marcus who writes all the way to the backstop .  I sent him a handful of Tony Gwynn cards in exchange for a variety of Cardinals.

Marcus posted some minor league cards for trade after breaking a set.  I love adding minor league cards to my collection, even if they are not technically Cardinals cards.  Redbirds are pretty close.

These are my first cards from 2016 Gypsy Queen and Bowman, both featuring closer Trevor Rosenthal.  Rosy was lights out last year, but has had a slow start this year.  A lot of the Cardinals wins have been in non save situations.  I think the lack of work may not be keeping Rosenthal sharp.

  The 2 inserts from 2016 feature the Cardinals starting right fielders from last year and this year.  As of now, it looks like the Cardinals have lost nothing production wise by going with Piscotty.  I was never a big fan of the Heyward trade knowing he could be a free agent after 1 year in St. Louis.  It would have been nice to keep him, but not at the price he got paid. 

Last I checked Allen Craig has played less than 10 games this season in the minors due to injuries.  It seems he will never fully recover from crashing into a wall in Houston.  Adron Chambers had a small bench role late in the 2011 season, but has since bounced around.  In November he was suspended for 50 games for PED use.

A trio of 2014 Bowman Hometown cards featuring 3 Cardinals from Texas.  Wacha and Miller have both fallen of greatly from their All Star seasons last year, while Carpenter has maintained his steady play.

Thanks for the great cards Marcus.  Always nice to trade with a new partner from the blog world.

3 comments:

  1. Wonder how long the Birds will stick with Wacha? I assumed Craig's issue was his foot injury. One day I would love for him to have a comeback. Real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct about Craig, it was his foot. I hope he can return to form also, but it does not seem likely.

    Wacha has been prone to the big inning the last 2 starts. Until there is another option, he will stick. It may be a while before Alex Reyes is called up.

    ReplyDelete