Friday, June 3, 2016

Great Start to June

It is amazing how quickly this year has flown by.  It seems time has went from Christmas to Spring Training to school being out.  I hope the summer slows down some, or at least I can find a spare moment or two to enjoy some baseball whether it be going to a game, watching the Cardinals on TV, or trading cards. 

Both my kid's games were rained out last night so I had time to open a trade envelope I received on Wednesday from Trading Bases Member Ron B.  Ron and I have an ongoing trade were I send him Pirates and Yankees and he sends Cardinals.  I believe this is the 3rd or 4th package I have received from him this year. 

Wainwright has pitched better his last few outings, but is still not the pitcher he was before.  Father Time may be catching up to him.  The Sutter is a shortprint from 2015.
I have said it before, but Panini did well with the painted looks on this year's Diamond Kings.  The Piscotty is a photo variation.

Piscotty has settled into the cleanup role the last week and done a nice job.  He has out hit the former Cardinals rightfielder while making about $23 million less.
 I am a Bowman fan from the base set to Bowman Draft, but I wish they would leave the Chrome prospects out of the base set.  It makes it very confusing when trying to decide what set a card belongs to.  The colored parallels look great, especially the blue chrome refractors. 
It would not be a trade package without some Yadi.  The images from the 2015 Topps Rainbow Foil and 2016 Topps Gold look to be taken from the same game, maybe a few seconds apart.

Wacha and Martinez both made the All Star team last year, but are having a tougher go around this year.  Not for sure if hitters are starting to figure their stuff out, or if the strain from a full season has them down. 

Normally I save autos and game used for the last pic, but I already had this Benes card and the final card was unexpected.
Ron slipped this 2015 Stadium Club orange parallel in the package without my knowledge.  Although it is not numbered, Topps states the print run is only 17 copies.  The orange foil pops out better in person.  Peralta should be back by the end of the month.  It will be interesting to see how the Cardinals juggle him, Diaz, Carpenter, and Wong around on the infield.

No comments:

Post a Comment