Thursday, June 23, 2016

Twice as Nice

One of my Sunday rituals is to sit down and pay bills.  I log everything in a spreadsheet to make sure all bills get paid.  In this same spreadsheet, I also log my baseball card expenses.  I was somewhat shocked to see that I have spent less than $50 on EBAY this year.  I have been to a few more card shows than usual, but even that expense is below $50. 

Being well below my card budget for the year, I decided to search EBAY for some PC cards.  As usual, I found no Ray Lankford cards I did not have.  My next search was for autographed cards of Cardinals.  With quite a few new sets out in the last couple of months I had a few different options. 
Dejong was the Cardinals 4th round draft pick last year out of Illinois State.  He played 10 games in rookie ball before being promoted to Peoria to finish the year.  He skipped High A Palm Beach this year and went directly to Double A Springfield.  He was named a Texas League All Star last week.  He is one of the few Cardinals prospects with power potential.  From what I have heard, he has a good glove at third also.

I usually do not buy 2 of the same auto, but single cards were selling for $4-5 plus shipping.  These 2 cost me $8 total.  If there is another Cardinals fan that would like one of these, lmk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment