Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Bench Trade

The first online trading site I joined was The Bench back in 2003.  Since then I have completed over 650 trades, but have not had much luck trading there the last few months.  A lot of new members are just looking for the hottest rookies like Judge and Bellinger, of which I have none because I open very few packs.  Last week I was able to trade some of my Cardinals duplicates for some Cardinals I needed.
The lone insert in the lot was this 2007 Fleer mini.  I would call it a half size though, because it is larger than the current A&G or Gypsy Queen mini cards.  Yadi is always a welcome addition to the collection regardless of size. 

I am still plugging away at the 2017 GQ team set.  I have the Reyes RC and Cepeda SP still to track down.  Though not as nice as Stadium Club, GQ is very well done this year. 


It was nice to Roger Maris in a Cardinals uniform in the 2017 Archives set.  He only played two seasons with the Cardinals in 1967 and 1968, but went to the World Series both of those years.  I prefer the 1983 design over the 1992 design. 

The Musial finished my 2016 Diamond Kings set.  2017 DK set features some lesser know players like Brecheen and Walker.  Bottomley is not as well know since he played in the 1920s, but he is a member of the Hall of Fame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment