Friday, March 9, 2018

Some 2018 Firsts

Not for sure if firsts is word, but I am going with it.  I had a very nice package arrive from Trading Bases member Rick C yesterday.  I was able to swap some double of Topps and Stadium Club Cardinals for a nice batch of Cardinals inserts I needed.

The scan does not show it well, but the top card is my first 2018 Rainbow Foil card.  Flaherty may not start the year in St. Louis, but I would bet he will finish the year in the starting 5. 

The Carpenter is my first 1983 insert.  He has not appeared in a spring training game yet due to a bad back.  He was slated to play all over the infield this year, but now seems destined to be the regular first baseman.  I like him, but he may be better served as a DH.

This trio of Bader cards features my first 2018 Gold and Silver Pack cards.  The Salute card along with the other 2 I received in the package finished the team set.  Bader should make the opening day roster as the 4th outfielder.  He has some speed and power to go along with good defense in centerfield.  If Tommy Pham or Dexter Fowler get hurt, he will see a lot of playing time.

I also received some Rainbow Foil cards from 2017 and one from 2016.  Grichuk and Oh are now part of Cardinals North better known as the Toronto Blue Jays. 

Rounding out the package are a couple of gold cards.  The Grichuk 2017 Stadium Club gold foil is a nice shot taken at Wrigley Field.  He should not have to worry about losing too many fly balls in the sun this year since over half of his games will be in a dome.     

No comments:

Post a Comment