Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Weekend Package #2

My second package from last weekend came from TCDB member mheilenman.  This is my second trade with him since the new year.  Both have brought a nice assortment of Cardinals.


Only 2 more 2017 Topps Chrome needed to complete the team set.  Maybe I will knock this one out before the 2018 version come out.

The Martinez finished my 2017 Heritage High Numbers set, while the dual rookie just leaves me the Alex Reyes photo variation to finish the regular set.

I like the clean look of the Spring Fever set.  Nothing over the top, just a simple design with the player name and team logo.  The 2018 Superstar Sensations insert is a different story.  Too much going on in the background for me.  It reminds me of a Fleer Provisions or Metal Universe card.

Topps did a better job with the 2018 Salute inserts.  The Fowler is a unique shot coming out of the dugout on Jackie Robinson day.  The Wainwright finished my 2013 Finest set.  His first spring outing was nothing great with 3 walks in 2 innings, but at least he did not give up a run. 

It still hurts to think the Cardinals traded Shelby Miller for one season of Jason Heyward and two injury filled seasons of Jordan Walden.  At least they did not get stuck with Heyward's bad contract.  I love the Coleman picture on the 2014 Topps Archives 87 All Stars insert.  It looks to be from his rookie season when he stole over 100 bases.  You don't see too many players wearing the double ear flap helmet anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment