Thursday, October 18, 2018

Just the Inserts

It is rare that I do not work out a trade that includes base cards.  I am far from being a high-end collector.   As a result, most of my trades are in the $10-20 range.  Collecting team base sets is one of my main goals, but I will not turn away a good insert.  My latest trade from TCDB Hundomatic was full of just inserts.

You can always count on Heritage to feature the Flashbacks and Then & Now inserts.  The Topps Game card Weaver was a nice change of pace.  I am not a huge fan of it, but props for honoring the 1968 design.

The Tape Measue Blasts is my favorite of this group of Topps inserts from 2015, although none of them are that great.  I am a fan of retired players being featured on current issues, but the Schoendienst Highlight is not a great design.  The Adams First Home Run card is the silver parallel, one of the many colored variations of inserts from that set which were not needed.

I guess I lump parallel cards with inserts.  This 2017 Bowman Chrome refractor is numbered to 499.  Topps was close with the uniform number air brush.  Flaherty wears #32.

The main card in the trade was this Molina Spring Training relic.  I have no strong opinion on the manufactured cards.  I will take them, but will not go out of my way to find them.  This one will be displayed with the ball Molina threw my son at Spring Training this year.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment