Friday, October 5, 2018

Still Plugging Away

The regular season ending on Sunday for most teams.  I enjoyed watching the two game 163s on Monday.  Although it was not do or die for any of the 4 teams involved, there was a lot at stake for each team.  I think Monday was the first time ever I rooted for the Brewers.  They ended up winning the division and sending the Cubs to the Wild Card game where they lost to the Rockies.  As the saying goes, I have 2 favorite teams:  the Cardinals and the team playing the Cubs.  The Cubs helped keep the Cardinals from the post season by winning 2 of 3 last weekend, but all that gained them was 2 more losses at home.

So the 2018 season is over for the Cardinals, but I still have plenty of cards to chase from this year.  Trading Bases member Ron B sent me a large trade package this week that put a nice dent in my needs.


I was able to finish my 2018 Topps Chrome base set.  At least until the Update cards come out.

I do not make it a point to complete parallel sets, but I may go after the pink refractors.  I have 6 of the 10 Cardinals now.


There are not very many Cardinals inserts in Chrome this year.  The Future Stars are very sharp.

The Big League set should not be very tough to complete.  I need 3 more, all of which I can find on TCDB.  I love the Molina card. 

It does not seem like there is much Donruss Optic being opened this year.  I have not seen very many on trade lists. 

Allen & Ginter had a ton of Cardinals this year.  I was nice to get the Bader sp card in this trade.  Carlos Martinez is also an sp that I will have to track down.  I was happy to add the Molina Trading Card Day as well.  Not have a card shop within 30 miles can make it hard for me to find these.

These are my first Heritage High Number cards.  I am glad I will never have to see another Greg Holland Cardinals card.  His signing was as bad as the Ty Wiggington deal, only Holland's was 3 times as much.


These 2 2017 Gold Label Class 1 cards finished a set.  Not sure if I will go after the other 2 classes.  I sure hope Weaver and Reyes can contribute to the rotation next year.  Reyes has been hurt for the last 2 years, and Weaver just plain lost his effectiveness the last half of this year.

Going back to the last decade are a couple of Pujols cards and a sweet Ozzie Triple Threads.  2007 Moments and Milestones would be my vote for the worst idea Topps had in a long time.  

Finishing out the package are a couple of Archives inserts and a 1997 Bowman's Best refractor.  Bowman's Best had always been one of my favorite brands.  The atomic refractors from the last 1990s are great looking cards.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment