Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A PWE Full of Chrome

Sometimes it amazes me how many cards a trader can fit into a PWE.  Yesterday I received one that contained 10 cards from TCDB member bravefan1.  All but one were from 2018 Topps Chrome, and all arrived safe and sound.

Topps did a great job with the Future Stars inserts in both flagship and chrome.  I love the large star in the background, though I am not for sure how the color choice came about.

The Weaver card is a little dark, but these are both pink refractors.  The Carpenter card almost looks like it is glowing.  Blue is still my favorite colored refractor, but these are growing on me.


Just like almost every other recent card release, I did not but any packs of Chrome.  My team set will have to come through trading.  These 6 leave me only 3 short.

The non chrome part of the trade is this Series 2 Tommy Pham salute.  Pham is putting together a good second half for Tampa now that he is healthy.  Pham was very outspoken during his years in St. Louis.  While I tend to shy away from players like that, I do appreciate his honesty.  He never sugar coated anything, just told it like it is.   

No comments:

Post a Comment