Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I Traded Autos for Base & Inserts? YOU BET!

Some traders have a rule of trading like card for like card, i.e an auto for an auto, base for base.  I understand that logic, but it is not something that I get caught up in.  As long as both sides are happy, I will agree to almost anything.  Over the weekend I agreed to trade 3 common autos for a huge package of Cardinals that included close to 50 base cards and inserts.  The Bench member zlw1 is looking to turn thousands of unwanted cards into a cut autograph.  I hope he can achieve his goal.  Today I will highlight the base cards.

 
Not all shiny cards have to be refractors.  The Donruss Collections Donruss card is my favorite of the bunch.

Donruss Signature did have cards that were not autographed.  I like the simple design and the player name in team colors.


SP Signature is a lot like Donruss Signature.  Better known for autographs, but did produce base cards.  I am not a huge fan of the player background, but I like the team logo on the front.

2003 Donruss Champions was a big set that featured some lesser know players, but also the typical stars and rookies.  These 2 finished my team set.

There were a ton of brands in 2003.  Edmonds was in most of them, while Martinez had a few Cardinals cards.  He played 2 seasons for St. Louis under what most fans would consider a bad free agent contract.

There were 2 Cardinals in the 2003 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres set.  Now I have both.

2003 Fleer Showcase was a pretty boring set.  Fleer had a few nice brands like Ultra and Flair, but I cannot say that I really miss any of the others.  Maybe Greats of the Game also.

These 2 cards have nothing in common, but they did not fit with any other scan.  The Slaughter Sweet Spot Classic is by far the nicer card.  I usually keep track of how former Cardinals are doing, but not Garcia since he signed with the Cubs.

There were a lot of color variations in the 2008 Upper Deck Heroes set.  These are the black parallels.  Some of the other versions like blue and green were numbered. 

I was able to grab a few modern cards as well.  The Renteria  is my first Topps Archives Snapshots cards.  There is also an Edmonds cards that I need.

There are my first 2018 Fire cards.  Some people knock it, but I love the design.  The parallels are very sharp.  I hope to find some in bargain boxes at some shows before the end of this year.   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment