Thursday, January 3, 2019

My Son's Christmas Box Break

This was the first Christmas that my son has put baseball cards on his wish list.  He will be 11 in July.  He has shown some interest before in my collection knowing that it will be handed down to him, but has never came out and said he wants his own cards.  That changed last year after taking him to several card shows and letting him pick out a few things.  He shys away from Cardinals knowing I have them. Instead, he has chosen to collect Jose Altuve.  Like Jose, my son is a little undersized and plays second base on his travel team.  Atluve appears to be a great role model, so I fully support his choice. 

My son wanted to open a few packs and trade his own cards for different Altuves, so I bought him a blaster of 2018 Topps Update.  I managed to find it on sale at Target for $15.  He did fairly well.

 
The Target boxes have exclusive Bryce Harper Highlight cards.  Two of these have already been traded.

A nice mix of big name greats and a couple of Yankees.  All of these are for trade.

Not the biggest of pulls with the Legends inserts.  The Torres is still available.

He did better with the 1983 and Salute inserts.  The Hunter and Acuna are up for grabs.

More big names with these inserts.  All of these are for trade.

He did well with the colored inserts.  The Clemente is numbered to 299.  All of these are for trade.

The 3 biggest pulls were a Trout Foil, Betts Gold, and Beltre Robinson patch.  Beltre is not the greatest pull, but I know a Ranger fan or two who might want it.  As of now all of these are for trade.

If you see anything of interested, shoot me an email with a list of Altuves you have, or you can check out my Cardinals wantlist.  






7 comments:

  1. Whats your E-mail? I'm interested in the Beltre because I have a small card shop at the school I go to, plus, as I live in TX and Beltre just retired it could sell for a decent bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on vacation though and I didn't bring all my Altuve's so I can't get a complete list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually only have 1. I have about 5-7 more at home so if you could put it on hold for a week until I get home that would be great.
    https://adventuresofabaseballcardcollector.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. my email is ray at dollsconcrete dot com . Shoot me a message when you return

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to E-mail you but you'r email address didn't register or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did use the symbols for the word at (@) and dot (.) If you still have trouble, lmk

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can also send me a message on Trading Card Database. my user id is rl16

    ReplyDelete