Sunday, January 27, 2019

Ron B and Me

I have never kept track of how many times I have traded with other collectors.  I might be able to track these stats if the person is a member of TCDB or The Bench, but in other cases I have no clue.  such is the case with Trading Bases member Ron B.  I would guess we are well over 25 trades since I joined that group about 10 years ago, but who knows.  Could be more, could be less.  He sent his first trade envelope of 2019 before I left for WWU last weekend.  

My first cards from 2018 Bowman Draft includes a very nice Nolan Gorman.  His autos are going for well over $100.  That is crazy money for an 18 year old just drafted out of high school.  I hope he pans out, but will wait a few years to grab an auto. 

Fowler does not get a lot of love on this blog, but I will show a nice 2018 photo variation.  I was somewhat surprised how well he was received at WWU last weekend.  He had a fairly busy autograph line and seemed to be enjoying his time there. 

My scanner always puts a black line at the top of Topps Tek cards.  The 1999 McGwire does not look like that in person.  At least the 2001 Edmonds scanned flawless. 

I would say black is my least favorite color of refractor, but when they are numbered to 100 they are hard to pass up.  This 2002 Topps Traded Chrome card is just as dark in person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment