Monday, April 22, 2019

Jumping on the Bowman Bandwagon

I am surprised that I have not seen very many posts about 2019 Bowman.  It was released last Wednesday and contains a lot of nice autos and rookie cards.  I know that rookies/prospects are not everyone's cup of tea, but Bowman is always a fun break.  Last Friday my kids had the day off school so we went to St. Louis.  We hit up the  Science Center and Dave & Busters.  My wife and daughter stayed the night in St. Charles for a weekend volleyball tournament, but my son and I drove back home.  To help kill some of the time of the 2 hour drive, we stopped at a Wal-Mart for some snacks and bought a blaster and fat pack of 2019 Bowman.  I was itching to use the $1 off coupon from our Series 1 box.

It was disappointing to find only 6 packs in the box.  I always thought blasters had 7 or 8.  The fat pack had 19 cards.  When my son and I open cards, I always make sure to get an odd number of  packs.  Whoever gets the best card opens the last pack.  The base cards have more off a blueish border than what is shown.  Out of the 91 cards we received, 7 were Angels.  At least we did not get any duplicates.

The inserts are all Chrome.  I like the Talent Pipeline inserts that showcase a player at 3 different levels of a team's farm system.  I believe Ready for the Show is a new insert this year.  Not bad, but there is not much of a picture because of the name badge.

One constant Bowman insert is the Top 100.  These have been very sharp in the past, but I am not a fan of the bubble/bee hive background this year.  Give me something with a little more color.

 My son opened the pack with the Vlad Jr 1989 insert.  He noticed Vlad was on the box, so he assumed it was a good card.  He was right and it ended up being the best card.  I joked that it would have been great if he pulled his autographed card.  The Tucker was in the fat pack he opened, but it was not the best card.

It is not a Vlad Jr auto, but I will take a autographed #ed to 150 out of a fat pack any day.  We managed to kill about an hour opening and sorting the cards.  The only down side was we did not get a single Cardinal.  We took care of that later in the weekend.  All the cards are for trade except the Bishop which is on EBAY.  I can send a list of the base, prospects, and chrome if anyone is interested. 

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment