Monday, June 7, 2021

Mega Fun

Saturday was a fun day of baseball in my household.  My son had a tournament about 20 minutes from home.  The weather was great for a change.  After playing last weekend in the cold and rain, it was a beautiful 78 degrees.  He won his first game against a team they were 0-3 against so far this year.  That was fun, but the second game was even better.  His team was down 8-6 going into the last inning.  A lead off home run cut the lead to 1, then a single put the tying run on with my son up to bat.  2 pitches later he hit a walk off home run.  I am not sure who was more excited.  He has hit a few home runs this year, but nothing like that.  The ball now sits in his room next to a few other trophies.

We had a 4 hour gap in between his 2 games that day.  As luck would have it, the mailman delivered a box from Target that contained 2 2021 Bowman Mega boxes I had ordered the Friday before Memorial Day during our break.  It is a tradition for us to open Bowman together, but our Walmart has been sitting empty for weeks now.  This is the first time we have ever opened a Mega box.  I was tempted to save a box for another time, but that thought did not last long.  Here are the goods.   


With only 50 cards per box, I was not sure if we would hit any Cardinals.  We were lucky to receive the only paper prospect needed for the team set along with a Mojo refractor.  


There was nice assortment of base including some good rookie cards.  

We did ok with the prospects.  We did not pull any of the big name rookie cards, but did get some top rated players.


Our Chrome cards were outstanding.  I have watched enough breaks to know these 4 cards have great value right now.  


The Mojo refractors had some big names also, but once again no rookie cards.  I am not complaining about that, just found it strange none of the 4 packs had a single RC in it.


The Mojo inserts look great.  The Bohm was a nice pull.  With the Mojo cards, everyone is looking for color and autographs.  We were lucky to pull one of each.


My son pulled this Yellow out of our first box.  Salas is the Marlins #19 prospect.  Since there is not much of a Miami card following, this may be something I stash away and hope he gets traded.


I pulled this out of our second box.  I love pulling autographs, just not of Cub players.  Howard is the Cubs #5 prospect right now.  I should be able to either trade or sell this card for a nice Cardinals card.  Overall I was pleased with our 2 boxes.  Zero duplicates was great.  I guess the price has went up from previous years.  I heard the Mega boxes were $15 in the past, but now are $25.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment