Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Yet Another 2 for Tuesday

 Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend.  The weather was great in Southern Illinois.  It was a little chilly Saturday morning for my son's first baseball game, but overall I cannot complain.  Yesterday was perfect for a family cookout.  It marked the first time since Christmas 2019 that all 28 of my immediate family was together.  Fun times.  

Not to be forgotten is my quest to finally be caught up with trade recaps.  With a little bit of luck, I should be done by the end of this week.  Today's post shows off an EBAY win and a trade package from TCDB member andersonadams1.  I know both of these arrived towards the end of May, but am too lazy to see just how long they sat on my cards to be scanned pile.  First up is the EBAY win.

Thanks to the seller using standard envelope for shipping, I paid less than $4 delivered for this 2020 Bowman Chrome auto.  Whalen is not a huge prospect, but I have seen him play numerous times in Peoria so I had to add him to the autograph collection.


Nothing to earth shattering in the pwe either, but I was able to complete a base set with the 2002 Fleer Showcase Martinez card.  I still have to track down a So Taguchi card numbered to 500 to finish the team set.  The Jefferies card is a 1995 Donruss Press Proof.  It has a print run of 2000, but is not numbered.  The final card is from the 2001 MLB Showdown Unlimited set.  This might be the first Showdown set I complete.  I only need 5 more to finish, but 3 of those are the harder to find Foil cards.  



No comments:

Post a Comment