Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Cheap Box Break Pays Off

While I was waiting for 2023 Topps to hit the shelves, I entered a cheap box break on The Bench 2 weeks ago.  This one consisted of 1 mini box of 2022 Topps Finest, 1 blaster box of 2022 Bowman Platinum, and 1 blaster box of 2022 Topps Chrome.  Finest and Platinum were the big draws for me, as I have 0 Cardinals from either set.  Chrome offered the chance to pull some autographs on a Paul Goldschmidt.  Here is what I received for $11 total.


The seller included a bonus fat pack of 2022 Diamond Kings which yielded this Molina insert I did not have.  I also received a Juan Yepez base card that I have already traded.  


I did not do very well with the Finest and Platinum boxes.  Arenado was the only card I received.  That left the Chrome box.


The second pack of the box produced this prism refractor that I did not have.  Always nice to add a rookie cup card to the collection.  The last 2 packs brought another 2 cards.


The base Goldy was in the second to last pack, while the sepia refractor was the very last card of the box.  I already have a copy of the base, so it will be redeemed at a shop for $20 as part of the Topps buyback program.  The refractor can be redeemed for $40.  I have not made up my mind about it yet.  I do not have it, but after the March 31 deadline, I would think a copy will not be too hard to find.  I do not know what  Topps plans to do with these cards.  Maybe they will receive an MVP stamp and be inserted in future packs.    



2 comments:

  1. It'd be interesting to see how many collectors have sent in Judge and Goldschmidt base to Topps and whether or not they will become super SP's in the long run to set builders. I'm hoping they stamp them, get them signed, and insert them into next year's Chrome boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be interesting to see what Topps will do with the thousands of cards.

      Delete