Tuesday, February 7, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #33

Today's 2 for Tuesday post only features 7 cards, but what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality.  First up is my 11th trade with member 49ants.  Just like the previous 10, I sent him a handful of Giants for a few Cardinals.


It has been 24 years since Fleer released the Stan Musial Monumental Moments insert set.  I still need 2  more cards after adding this 1.  I am almost embarrassed to call myself a Cardinals fan with this lousy effort.  It is not like the cards are highly valuable or very scarce.  


My quest for a Topps gold team set continues with 2 from 2011 and 1 from the inaugural year the cards were numbered in 2001.  I doubt either of these sets will be the first, as I need more than 10 cards in each one.

Second trade was a 3 pack of Cardinals from member eric51.


I gladly make trades for premium brand base cards like Pristine and Museum Collection.  Every now and then I find some in dime boxes, but very rarely are they Cardinals I need.  I have not seen very many 2022 Select cards at recent shows.  I doubt if too many people opened them with the increased price of blasters.  Those who opened hobby boxes most likely did so for group breaks.
  


3 comments:

  1. Love the look of that Museum Collection set, and I'm thrilled that the Pristine brand returned. Never saw those Musial inserts before, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topps does well with the premium set designs. Sometimes the quality can be lacking though. I have seen a ton of issues with 2022 Finest cards.

      Delete
  2. Thanks. It is rare to see a Cardinals only themed set. I would not be surprised to see Topps do something with Pujols this year.

    ReplyDelete