Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Game Used and Autos from the Brady Package

After the massive undertaking of sorting through inserts and base cards, I had a much easier time going through the game used card and 2 autos Brady sent.


It was tough hearing Jon Jay signed with the Cubs last week.  He is not a flashy player, just a solid outfielder who will hit close to .300 and play good defense.  I remember his afro and huge backside the most.  I have another copy of this 2011 Allen & Ginter bat card, but I have another Cardinals fan in mind for it.

Clayton Morten was a first round pick of the Cardinals in 2007 who played in 1 game for the Birds in 2009 before being traded to Oakland in the Matt Holliday deal.  He has since bounced around to the Rockies, Red Sox, and Royals.  I have very few certified minor league autos, so this 2007 Tristar Prospect Plus card is a welcome addition.

I thought for sure I had this 2007 Bowman's Best Ottavino autograph, but I was wrong.  I have 2 other autos of his, but I guess after seeing this card on EBAY and other sites I just assumed I had it.  Ottavino was another first round pick, this time in 2006.  He appeared in 5 games in 2010 before missing most of the 2011 season with Tommy John surgery I believe.  He has become a reliable reliever for the Rockies since 2012.

I certainly was not expecting to find anything other than base cards in the lot, buy Brady slipped in these 3 surprises.  Next post I will highlight the minor league cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment