Thursday, March 23, 2017

2 More TCDB packages

I had 2 more trade packages come in on Tuesday from Trading Card Database members.  The trade feature on the site makes it so easy to match up trading partners that it seems I am getting 4 to 5 packages a week since I started trading there in early February.  I hope to write about the large package I received last week before the end of this week, but for now I will highlight the 2 from Tuesday.

This 1973 Topps Ken Reitz rookie card is in great shape other than the photo being off centered.  It may appeared that I scanned it crooked, but that is how the card actually is.

Unlike Topps, Fleer chose to make their 1986 Star Stickers same size as cards.  I wonder if there is an album to go with these.

I like the red border 1986 set better than these 1988 cards.  The gray border and stars make me think of a circus for some reason.

I often overlook Heritage cards with multiple players or the Topps League Leaders cards in my team sets.  It is nice the TCDB trade feature notes different teams featured on a given card.  Select put out some nice base sets in the mid 1990s.  1996 Certified as a chrome finish that does not scan the greatest, but they are sharp cards.

I hope to knock out some recent team sets in the near future.  These 2014 Topps Archives put me down to needing 4 more.  I love the 1986 Topps design.  That is the first set that I opened more than a handful of packs.  I remember pulling the Vince Coleman rookie card out of a pack and displaying it on my dresser the whole season.

I have no love lost for minis, but at least these are a little bit larger than the current A&G or GQ cards.  The Ozzie is a 1988 Topps Leaders card, while the Freese is a 2013 Topps 1972 mini. 


No comments:

Post a Comment