Friday, April 21, 2017

3 PWE trades

Continuing with the Trading Card Database trade recaps, I received 3 trades in PWEs in the last two weeks.  I hate to jinx myself, but I cannot recall receiving any damaged cards from a PWE package as long as the cards were in a top loader or card saver.  It also helps that the majority of them are marked non-machine. 

The Jose Fernandez tragedy last year was a painful reminder of Oscar Taveras.  This 2012 Topps Pro Debut shows him in his Quad City River Bandits uniform.  He hit .386 in 2011 to win the Midwest League batting crown that year. 

2017 cards have been out for a few months now, but I still need a ton of 2016 cards for my team sets.  The Stadium Club Carpenter brought me down to just 1 more for that set, while I think the Molina finished my Bowman Chrome vending box set.  Bowman Chrome was way too confusing last year.

I was shocked I did not have the base version of the 2013 Chasing History Musial.  I had the silver foil and gold foil versions instead.  The Lynn is a silver foil.

Topps does green very well with regards to cards.  The 2013 Emerald set is one of my favorites.  The Flaherty is a 2016 Bowman Chrome Green Refractor #ed to 99.  It looks a lot sharper in person.  It was tempting to have Flaherty sign it last week when I saw him in Springfield, but I doubt I will be able to track down another to replace it.

 Cardinals shortstops past and present are featured on these 2017 Topps 1987 Anniversary inserts.  I hope Diaz can have half the career Ozzie did.  It has been a long time since the Cardinals have had a quality shortstop.  Edgar Renteria had a decent run in the mid 2000s, but it has been a revolving door every year or two since then. 

Salute is a pretty bland insert from 2017 Topps.  I chose to highlight the player more than the card.  Brock was in the headlines earlier this week with the news he has a form of blood cancer.  Late last year he had part of his leg amputated because of a diabetic infection.  He appears to be slowing down now that he is pushing 80.  Get well soon LOU!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about Lou Brock.
    you're right. Get well soon, Lou!

    ReplyDelete