Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I Love the Variety

One nice thing about joining a new trade group/site is all the new cards you are exposed to.  Since joining Trading Card Database back in late January, I have added over 500 Cardinals to my collection.  A lot of those are from sets I never knew existed or have not seen in person.  One of my latest trade packages was full of such cards.


You most likely have seen 1989 Topps Mini League Leaders cards like the Ozzie on the right, but have you ever seen a 1992 Confex Baseball Enquirer?  Me neither.  Ozzie does not look too comfortable wearing the neck brace.

The Musial on the right is your standard size 2011 Topps Before There Was Topps insert.  The 9 mini cards on the right are from the 1993 Topps Micro set.  I had the Ray Lankford from this set, but have never seen any of the other cards before.  After received about 20 of these cards in the trade, I just need Ozzie Smith and Rene Arocha to finish the set.

1992 Upper Deck is about as boring a junk wax set as you could find.  I completed that set 20 some years ago, but this trade included all of the Gold Hologram variations.  The regular version has a silver hologram.

One nice feature about the TCDB site is the ability to track and sort your collection.  These 2 Pujols cards put me up to 827 different ones.  This is my 3rd different 2009 Upper Deck X Xponential card.  I have never heard of the 2008 Topps Opening Day Flapper insert.  The back has perforations that divide the card into 2 halves.

Most Topps Gold cards are numbered to the year they were produced.  This 2008 Opening Day Rolen gold is numbered to 2199.  Not for sure the logic behind that.  I would be shocked if Topps did not produce a Topps Now card of the Chris Coghlan's slide/leap over Yadier Molina in last night's game.  This 2011 Elite Skills insert captures Yadi in a similar pose getting ready to make a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment