Monday, July 17, 2017

TCDB Trade Makes My Day

Shortly before I left for vacation, I made a trade with a TCDB member that finished my 2017 Topps Opening Day set.  I love when you can knock out a set in one trade.

 Martinez was denied another win yesterday due to the bullpen blowing a lead.  At least he was rewarded with his second All Star appearance.  He had a nice outing with 2 scoreless innings and 4 strikeouts.  Grichuk is having a forgetable season that includes a demotion to Triple A and DL time.  I am not sure he will be able to cut back on his strikeouts to remain a full time outfielder.

I have a somewhat love/hate relationship with Matt Carpenter.  I hate that he plays shaky defense no matter where he plays on the infield and he was the main reason Matt Adams was traded.  I love his production as a leaf off hitter even though his average is not that high right now.  Weaver may be a trade chip in the next few weeks.  He showed decent promise in a call up last year.  Unless a starter is traded, he might better serve the Cardinals as a reliever.

The last card in the package was this blue foil insert.  Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I do not think these are numbered like previous years.   Still very sharp cards though. 

2 comments:

  1. That blue Weaver card looks really sharp. I usually don't do much with Opening Day, but I might have to find one of those cards. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Most any blue border cards stand out.

    ReplyDelete