Monday, November 27, 2017

A Trade with some First and Last

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.  I spent my four day weekend eating, shopping, and watching the new Thor movie.  It was a lot better than the second.  I like the added humor in this one.  I received a couple of trades in over the weekend.  The first from TCDB member pezNpirates added some first and last cards to my collection.

The package included two former Cardinals first basemen.  I was never a fan of the 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones set.  I am sure it was a player collector's nightmare.  The Big Cat's time in St. Louis was just the injury filled season of 1992.  From there he went onto better things in Colorado.  He has a few baseCardinals cards like this 1992 Topps Traded, and even some autos in a Cardinals uniform.

These 2 cards were the last ones I needed to complete a couple of team sets.  The Medwick is from 1989 Pacific Legends, the Guerrero from 1989 Score Baseball's Hottest 100 Players. 

I have no way to tie in this Molina card into the first and last theme other than he plays a handful of games at first base each year.  I guess it is also my first bat card of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment