Thursday, November 30, 2017

Christmas Came a Month Early

I did not get very carried away with my Black Friday spending in regards to baseball cards.  I purchased a wall art card from the Topps site for about $20 delivered, and spent another $22 in a card shop on some storage boxes and 3 packs of Topps Update.  I only bought the $3.50 packs of Update to get the promotional  Bowman Holiday pack.  The Update packs yielded nothing exciting, while I will have a future post showing the 4 cards from the Bowman pack.

I did enter a contest on The Bench website that was run by member David K.  He is one of the most generous card collectors I know.  Each month he runs a give away for an autographed cards of a HOF player or superstar.  All you have to do it pick a number from 1 to 75 and hope you are right.  I was the lucky winner with the guess of #62.  Yesterday my prize arrived.

I knew I was getting this 2008 Upper Deck Heroes auto #ed to 25, but was still very excited to open the package last night.  This is my second Musial auto.  It is a sticker auto and one that was done toward the end of his lifetime when his auto was not as crisp, but it is still a beautiful card.  The red background is a nice touch for a Cardinals card.  A big thank you to David for this wonderful card.
     

3 comments:

  1. That's still pretty good for a late-stage Musial. I've seen much worse. That nice flannel swatch doesn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one heck of a prize for a pick-a-number drawing. Congrats on winning such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a great win and a particularly the game used/auto and the color. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete