Friday, November 17, 2017

The Back and Forth Game

If you are like me, you have fellow collectors that you exchange cards with on a regular basis without formally making a trade offer.  You mail something off without warning, and a month or two later return fire arrives in your mailbox.  This is my case with Trading Bases member Ron B.  Ron is easy to trade with as he collects Pirates for himself, Yankees for his son, and puts together a few sets every year.  He always sends some great Cardinals my way from monthly card shows he attends, or the card shop he works at part time.  His latest package arrived Wendesday.


Donruss Rated Rookie cards have always been one of my favorites. Although 1984 was the first year Donruss used the Rated Rookie notation on cards, 1985 is the first year they used the classic logo that is on this Reyes card.  I remember opening 1986 and 1987 Donruss packs and thinking I struck gold if I pulled a RR card.  O to be young and naive again.

This 2015 Topps Original card is in better shape than my 1978 Topps version.  I need to go through my 1970s cards and decide what cards need condition upgrades.

I was playing around with my scanner last night and almost have this photo stitching thing down.  For some reason the image is blurry though.  Baby steps forward anyway

Diamond Kings are so well done that you almost can overlook the lack of logos.  This 2017 Heritage Collection insert is a prime example.

I was not sure if this was a newer Topps Tek insert until I flipped it over and discovered it is from 2000.  Although it is not 1998-2000 levels, McGwire is included in a ton of newer sets.  It is nice to see him signing a fewer more autos now.  I always wonder if I will add his auto or a Pujols auto to my collection first.

The highlight of the package for me were these 2014 Topps Update Red Hot Foil cards.  They are just beautiful in hand.  Being primary Cardinal colors does not hurt matters.
              

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the parallels that are in team colors. I'm a Blackhawks fan and love anything in red or black!

    ReplyDelete